Monday, October 22, 2012

Street Encounter with Student: Success!

I was walking home from school today and saw a couple of my students walking with what I assumed to be their parents. The parents can sign the kids out of school sometimes in the afternoon to spoil them. They said, "Hello" so I responded, "Hello! How are you?" And the kids chanted back as they've done many times before, "Fine, thank you!" The parents just LOVED it and laughed and laughed thinking that was just the greatest thing ever. They should just see them in class!

I definitely am loving my third and fourth graders more and more by the week. They are just so well behaved and I can actually see them learning. It's so exciting when they get it right, and I purposely exaggerate it like crazy which makes the kids exaggerate excitedly. The whole class is just so smart and so much fun!

I recently realized that at the end of this week I'll be halfway done with my time here. It's really sad, actually. It feels like I just got here three weeks ago. Maybe four. But in fact it's been two whole months. Two, entire, difficult, life-changing, months filled with nasty food, incredible people, all types of weather, and piles of adventure.

And some days, I just can't believe this is really my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment